“Tall or short, Skinny or fat,
I’m just happy where I’m at!”
Can you honestly sing this little song?
Weight management is MORE than the numbers on your scale.
Over 40 Fear Factor
- Weight Gain – 12 to 15 pounds or more
- Exhaustion – can’t seem to get the right amount or quality of sleep
- Bloating – intestines start to hold on to water
- Memory Loss – walking into a room and forget what you are looking for
- Bone Density – loss of density equals greater risk of fractures
- Night Sweats – hormones are out of control!
Not all fats are created equal
There are 3 types of Fat in your body.
1. Structural Fat- fills the gaps between various organs, like packing material. This fat has important functions such as protecting the kidneys, protecting the coronary arteries and keeping the skin smooth and taut. It also provides the springy cushion of hard fat under the bones of your feet.
2. Normal Reserves – this is the fuel that the body can draw on when required. Normal reserves of fat is the fuel for muscular activity and maintains body temperature.
3. Abnormal Fat – is a potential reserve of fuel but is not available to the body in a nutritional emergency. This is often stored around the waist and abdomen, hips and thighs.
Many diet programs cause the body to burn Structural Fat and then Normal Fat reserves. There is a difference on the scale – but the waist and hips are still large as the Abnormal Fat reserves are still intact. Regular diet programs can leave you hungry, tired and haggard.
Obesity and its negative health impacts is an epidemic in North American culture. Losing one pound at a time can make a big difference to your health and vitality.
Dr. Marlies can create a personalized program for you, supported by Biofeedback that will leave the healthy fat reserves in place and reduce the abnormal fat reserves without leaving your tired and cranky.
Some personalized programs may include: Dr. Simeons HCG protocol, One Day Diet, or others.